Thursday, September 10, 2015

Brian De Palma 75 and Edmond O'Brien 100 -- September 10, 2015

www.listal.com
Happy 75th birthday (tomorrow) to director Brian De Palma, who was born on 11-September-1940.  He has made a lot of movies and some were very good.  They are almost always visually interesting. 

www.listal.com
Phantom of the Paradise was not the first De Palma film I saw, but I think it was the first De Palma trailer that I saw. 


Obsession was the first De Palma movie I saw in a theater.  Was it the Metro on Union?  I liked it, but it reminded a lot of Hitchcock.  I hadn't seen Vertigo yet.  It was the first time I saw Geneviève Bujold.  I liked her. 

www.listal.com
Dressed to Kill borrowed from Psycho

www.listal.com
 
The Untouchables bothered me because it had little to do with history or the television show, but it was fun.  It borrowed from Battleship Potemkin.  Sean Connery obviously had fun doing it. 
 
www.listal.com
Happy 100th birthday (today) to actor Edmond O'Brien, who was born on 10-September-1915.  He was in a lot of good movies, but the one I remember him in is D.O.A., which has always been a favorite, at least in part because of the wonderful San Francisco locations. 
 
www.listal.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.