Monday, November 28, 2016

Florence Henderson, RIP -- November 28, 2016

www.listal.com

I was sad to learn of the death of Florence Henderson, who played Carol Brady on The Brady Bunch.  My memory may be wrong, but I remember both The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family airing on Friday nights on ABC.  I used to play at a friend's house Fridays, but we had to stop when the first show came on.  I don't remember if he was more interested in Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) or Susan Dey (Laurie Partridge).  I liked Susan Dey. 

It was interesting that after both shows went off the air, the original Bradys appeared in several sequels, and then at least two movies in the 1990s.  For the Partridges, there was an animated series and one reunion.  I wonder why the difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.