Monday, January 30, 2017

Barbara Hale, RIP -- January 30, 2017

www.listal.com

Barbara Hale, who was most famous for playing Perry Mason's secretary Della Street, has passed on.  I didn't watch the show, which was in reruns, but I kept running across it in syndication on various stations.  I often saw the last couple of minutes as I changed channels.  I came to know Raymond Burr from old radio shows and Film Noir.  Barbara Hale had been under contract at RKO and appeared in a lot of movies that weren't very good.  The Boy With Green Hair and Val Lewton's The Seventh Victim were good.  She didn't get a credit in the latter.  Speaking of old time radio, she appeared in movies based on The Great Gildersleeve and Lum and Abner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.