Sunday, January 29, 2017

William Powell 125 -- January 29, 2017

www.listal.com
Actor William Powell, who has always been a favorite of mine, was born 125 years ago today, on 29-January-1892.

www.listal.com
He was married to Carole Lombard for a while.  After the divorce, they remained friendly and starred together in My Man Godfrey.

www.listal.com

www.lucywho.com
Many people thought he was married to Myrna Loy.  They made many movies together.  The Thin Man movies are my favorites.  Nick and Nora really loved each other.


New Movie, March, 1930
I also enjoyed the movies where he played snooty detective Philo Vance. 

1 comment:

  1. William Powell is one of my favorites as well. I hope he was as charming in life as he was on camera.

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.