Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tim Pigott-Smith and Powers Boothe, RIP -- May 16,2017

www.listal.com
Sunday night we watched the Masterpiece Theater adaption of Mike Bartlett's King Charles III.  It lived up to the reviews of the production that came to San Francisco.  I had forgotten that it was in blank verse.  After it ended and before some cast interviews, my wife noticed a title that said it was dedicated to the memory of Tim Pigott-Smith, who had played King Charles.  I looked it up and learned that he had died last month.  I didn't see anything about it. 

I remember him from The Jewel in the Crown, many Shakespeare productions, and lots of British mystery shows. 

www.listal.com

Monday I learned that Powers Boothe had died.  When I first heard of him, I thought his name was a put-on, but it was his real name.  I first remember him from a television movie about Jim Jones.  The Chronicle ran a photo of Boothe wearing sunglasses that scared me.  He was good playing Philip Marlowe in an HBO series. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.