Sunday, August 20, 2017

Jerry Lewis, RIP -- August 20, 2017

www.listal.com

Jerry Lewis has died.  When I was a little kid, he was very popular.  When I got old enough to go to movies, he was laughed at, but not in a good way.  I saw many of his movies with Dean Martin on television.  I thought their comedy was undisciplined.  I preferred Chaplin and Keaton.

Then I saw The Nutty Professor on television.  I love it.  There was a shot where Professor Kelp was lying on the floor and the camera pulled back and I could see his white socks.  It broke my heart.

After that, I knew that Jerry Lewis was a great director.  I found The Total Film-Maker at the Main Library.  Video assist sounded like a wonderful idea, especially for a person who directed himself.  He talk film courses at USC. Steven Spielberg and George Lucas studied with him.

I tried to watch the telethon a couple of times.  I couldn't stand it.

The last new thing I saw him in was an episode of Law and Order

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is turned on. Your message will appear after it has been reviewed.